NEW YORK — Google Cloud and Accenture are expanding their partnership to further develop data and artificial intelligence (AI) solutions for clients.
Accenture and Google Cloud are collaborating to help clients create a “strong digital core” and “reinvent” themselves in the cloud using machine learning (ML), AI, data analytics and cybersecurity, according to Accenture on last month.
The companies plan to grow their cloud talent, joint capabilities, and solutions around data and AI:
- Solutions: develop industry use cases with Google Cloud, such as customer transformation, sales and marketing optimization, intelligent analytics, and visual inspection
- Talent: Accenture expects to increase the number of Google Cloud certifications among its workforce from 5,000 to 15,000
- Joint Innovation Centers: invest in centers in Dublin and other cities to develop solutions with Google Cloud
Accenture and Google Cloud have previously partnered to work with several leading companies on their digital transformations: including CNA insurance, a Chicago-based US commercial insurer; Lendlease, a global real estate company headquartered in Barangaroo, Australia; and Sydney-based Origin Energy.
For example, the partners helped Lendlease develop software designed to reduce employee complaints by 30% and increase productivity by 12%, according to Accenture.
The next phase of Google Cloud’s partnership with Accenture “will significantly scale the professional services and implementation support available to clients around the world and deliver new solutions to help businesses and public sector organizations benefit from the capabilities of Google Cloud,” said Thomas Kurian, CEO of Google Cloud.
The cloud technology market “offers limitless opportunities for companies to be more innovative and resilient, but the real world is fraught with barriers to value,” said Karthik Narain, global leader at Accenture Cloud First.
“A strong digital core helps companies respond to change and changing dynamics within their industry. By working with Google Cloud to scale up talent and pre-build industry-specific product solutions, we will accelerate time to value for customers in Google Cloud, from the public to the edge and everything in between,” said Narain.
Recent Accenture and Google Cloud Activity
Over the past year, Accenture and Google Cloud have formed agreements and partnerships in various industries, including:
- PMPML and Google Cloud are building a traffic management system
- Google Cloud is working with food service company Yim Platform
- Manipal Hospitals partnered with Google Cloud to improve the patient experience
- Twiga Foods and Google Cloud work to improve food safety
- NTT DOCOMO and Accenture work to improve Web3
- Accenture and Sitecore, a maker of digital experience software, continue their partnership
- Accenture acquired IT insurance firm Blackcomb Consultants
- Software company Atlassian and Accenture partner to help companies with their technology investments
The growing cloud market
According to a report from marketsandmarkets.
The value of the cloud market is increasing due to growth in automation, cloud-related cost savings, and demand for cloud-based services and business continuity, reports MarketsandMarkets.
Google Cloud owns approximately 8% of the global market for cloud infrastructure services, which puts it in the #3 position, behind #2 Microsoft Azure with 21% and #1 AWS with 38%, according to a report from Statesman.
”Data is the new capital”
Jimmy Preistas, Global Managing Director of Cloud First data and AI at Accenture, talks about the technologies and the partnership with Google Cloud here: